Artful Arrangements was established in 2007 with a membership in Sonoma County Farm Trails.The plants used in living-gift arrangements are propagated on site, each one an individual work of art. Also a member of the Sonoma County Farm Bureau, Artful Arrangements leases the homestead grounds at 205 Orchard Lane, Penngrove, CA 94951, for $1 per year.. It is the site of a solar-powered 1915 working homestead - a "slice of authentic country life" in beautiful Sonoma County.
Artful Arrangements, a 501(c)(3) is a charitable nonprofit, supports families with a message on the importance of spending time with their children while the kids are in their most formative years – to make a positive impact on their futures. We call ages 5 to 10 the "Second 5" - and encourage parents with the words, "play, interact, and guide."
As part of our services, we artfully arrange, at low-cost or no-cost, ways for parents and grandparents to
play with their children in public, because that is where kids practice what is being taught at home about
good manners, social skills and respect for elders and other’s property – before they get cell phones.
Artful Arrangements freely delivers it's mission in four ways:
1) The free Parallel Family Play booth at public family events.
2) Saturday's Free Drop-In at the homestead from 10am- 2pm.
3) Our Four Annual Events on the homestead (free).
4) Emailing free Paired Coloring Pictures to requesting families
In addition, at low cost, we also deliver our mission with:
1) Two-Hour Team Activities at the homestead.
2) "Fun for the Kids" Homestead Tour & Planting Experience.
3) Group Field Trips: families learn about soil erosion and leave with a memento.
4) Venues for family celebrations such as birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings and showers.
The Second 5:
Play, Interact and Guide - Good Manners will be Multiplied!
Supporting Children, Families, & Aligned Nonprofits
Raising children today is not easy. We are confronted with their distraction by electronic devices (at a much younger age than drugs did in the 1980’s and 1990’s). Children remember the time you spend with them, and a visit to Artful Arrangements allows you to create a memorable experience for your child.
To get a feel for the passion and driving force behind the organization, click on “About, The Difference” - you’ll find info on the mission, message, philosophy, motto, slogan, saying, core wishes, and tag line. Your interest in and support of Artful Arrangements is appreciated. We hope to hear from you soon.